Monday, June 6, 2011

"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade ..."

It is all too fitting that my first post about this endeavor takes place on the 67th anniversary of “The Longest Day” – June 6th, 1944. I am very honored to have the opportunity to travel across the Atlantic and back in time to visit, experience, and pay tribute to the Allied forces that crossed the stormed the beaches of Normandy in order to break the Atlantic Wall and liberate France from Nazi rule during World War II. I plan on using this blog as a chronicle of my experience as well as a repository for links, images, video, and information about both my trip and the liberation of France in general. I am excited about preparing for the voyage, my own “great crusade”, and bringing my experience home to USM for my students and the entire USM community.

No comments:

Post a Comment